Larger Chord Sizes (iPad Only)
On the iPad, you can now choose to display chords with a larger size, making them easier to read in the PRACTICE, TABBING, and CHORDS song views. Note that using Capo in split-screen mode may override your size preference when there isn't enough room for the larger chords.
Improved In-App Release Notes
Thanks to automatic updates, it's easy to miss out on the details of our ongoing work on Capo between larger releases. To keep you in the loop, we now ship Capo with a more comprehensive set of change history that goes all the way back to the 4.0 release that shipped in late 2019.
In future updates to Capo, you'll be prompted to view these release notes at your convenience, and you can revisit them at any time by selecting the What's New item in Capo's top-level settings screen.
- Chord boxes for 4- and 5-stringed instruments are now rendered slightly more narrow than the standard 6-string diagrams, which looks a little closer to what folks might expect
- Added support for a few chords that have been requested in support: 6add9 (aka 6/9), 7sus2, maj7sus2, 7sus4, and maj7sus4. (Note: You have to specify "6add9" in your chord searches, because "6/9" throws off our support for recognizing inversions. We plan to address this issue soon!)
- On devices running iOS 12, projects that are received via AirDrop now get copied to the correct location, and no longer get lost when they are closed. (#1842)
- When browsing songs in your music library, the title for the back button no longer disappears (#1840)
- The control strip no longer displays a placeholder title, or grays out any active PLAYBACK buttons when you tap the folder icon to return to the list of projects. (#1774)
- When loading projects that have the playhead positioned near bar numbers greater than 100 in the PRACTICE song view, the bar label is no longer truncated. (#1835)
- When switching your instrument to something other than a guitar in standard tuning, Capo now correctly remembers this selection for new projects (#1803)
- Capo no longer takes you to an outdated (and apparently broken!) URL on Apple's servers when you attempt to change or cancel your subscription from the settings screen.